Produced by Frank Dukes, this is the first release from the Man With The Iron Fist soundtrack, which is executively produced by The RZA.
Hit continue reading to find out more about the soundtrack.
The Man With The Iron Fists soundtrack and score will be released on October 23 via Soul Temple Records/STAX/RED Distribution. In addition to making his debut as a big-screen director, co-writer and leading man for the action-adventure, RZA also acted as executive producer for the soundtrack and score albums along with Quentin Tarantino and others. RZA enlisted The Wu-Tang Clan, Kanye West, The Black Keys, Corrine Bailey Rae, Pusha T and more for the soundtrack.
RZA recently discussed the making of the film’s unique score at Comic-Con 2012, explaining: “We went and got some of The Wu-Tang original songs…we took out a lot of stuff that was in it, and we re-orchestrated it.” “STAX also came on board to help us out, and they gave me about 10 of their famous STAX cues, songs from William Bell, from Isaac Hayes, from Mable John.” “So you’re going to have a great time listening to this movie as a soundtrack.” RZA chose to launch the soundtrack and score albums via his latest music industry venture, Soul Temple Records. Soul Temple releases will reflect independence, authenticity and artistry, engaging all elements of the creative community.
The Man With The Iron Fists Track Listing -subject to change:
1. The Black Keys / RZA “The Baddest Man Alive”
2. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P / Pharoahe Monch “Black Out”
3. Kanye West “White Dress”
4. The Revelations feat. Tre Williams “I Forgot To Be Your Lover”
5. Talib Kweli / RES “Get Your Way (Sex as a Weapon)”
6. Raekwon / Ghostface Killah / Kool G. Rap “Rivers of Blood”
7. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / StreetLife “Built for This”
8. 24 Carat Black “Poverty’s Paradise”
9. Killa Sin “The Archer”
10. RZA / Flatbush Zombies “Just Blowin’ In The Wind”
12. Corrine Bailey Rae “Chains”
13. Pusha T / Raekwon “Tick Tock”
14. Frances Yip “Green is the Mountain”
15. The Wu-Tang Clan “Six Directions of Boxing”
16. Mabel John “Your Good Thing Is About To End”
Quentin Tarantino presents The Man With The Iron Fists, an action-adventure inspired by kung-fu classics as interpreted by his longtime collaborators RZA and Eli Roth. Making his debut as a big-screen director, co-writer and leading man, RZA—alongside an exciting international cast led by Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu—tells the epic story of warriors, assassins and a lone outsider hero who all descend on one fabled village in China for a winner-takes-all battle for a fortune in gold. The film arrives in theaters on November 2, 2012.