Last week Oddisee previewed his Odd Renditions EP with a pretty great re-work of Marvin Gaye’s ’60s Motown classic, “Ain’t That Peculiar” (with a nifty video treatment too). This week the pride of Prince George’s County, Washington D.C. drops the full 4-song EP. It not only features the aforementioned Marvin remix, but further upends expectations (for those seeking a strictly soul do-over affair) by creatively re-configuring material by Bon Iver, Metronomy and K-Os.
In this Interview with Montreality, Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest speaks about:
– His story (0:18)
– The type of student he was at school (0:35)
– What he would be doing if it wasn’t for the music (0:52)
– Jobs he’s had as a teenager growing up (1:01)
– What he spent his 1st big paycheck on (1:47)
– The key to success (2:19)
– What he would call his book, if he were to write one (2:36)
– His upcoming solo album & possibility of another ATCQ album (2:55)
– Music he’s been listening to (3:19)
– Artists he’d like to collaborate with (3:37)
– Why he doesn’t have any tattoos (4:00)
– A memorable tour story with Q-Tip (4:09)
Novi singl s Prikijevog nadolazećeg albuma. Produkciju potpisuje Koolade.
Pjesmu poslušajte u nastavku posta.
Quake Matthews has returned to the scene with his sophomore release The Book Of Matthew. The track and accompanying music video mark the first solo effort for the Halifax hip-hop artist since 2010’s The Myth.
The Book Of Matthew is available for free download at quakematthews.com. The 11-track project features production from industry heavy-weights like J. Cardim and Tone Mason, and guest appearances from Freeway, Termanology and Canadian R&B crooner JRDN.