Alright, the title may be unofficial as hell but here’s some truth. Last night, Khrysis unearthed a collaboration between him & Phonte. Once Phonte got the int, he took to his Swift.fm account and started letting go of tracks from his aborted solo album Tigallo Must Die plus other rarities & b-sides. There’s passed up tracks by Nas & Memphis Bleek, collaborations with RJD2, a faux Curtis Mayfield impersonation between Phonte & 9th Wonder and even a hilarious attempt at RZA doing “We Are The World” for Haiti.
Instead of going track by track, we’ve uploaded a nicely packaged .zip file for the boys and girls.
Courtesy of Day & A Dream. Tracklist, track info & download link after the jump.
01. Phonte – Blessings (prod. Khrysis)
– Recorded Date: Unknown.
02. Phonte – Hard To Do Right (f. Tony & Harvey Mayfield)
– Recorded Date: 2001, Me and 9th Wonder playin’ Curtis Mayfield’s (fictional) and way less talented bros Tony and Harvey.
03. Phonte – Sunflower’s Lament (f. Tony Mayfield)
– Recorded Date: 2002, Another Tigallo Must Die joint w/ my short-lived Tony Mayfield character.
04. RDJ2 – A Rollerskating Jam Called Friday Night (f. Percy Miracles & NeNe Rogers)
– Recorded Date: 2004, Me, RJD2 and YahZarah gettin’ our rollerskate on. One of Percy Miracles’ last appearances.
05. Memphis Bleek – Unreleased (f. Darien Brockington & Phonte)
– Recorded Date: 2004, Ol school interpolated hook I wrote 4 Darien on a 9th Wonder beat for Bleek. He passed.
06. Darien Brockington – Steppin’ Out
– Recorded Date: 2004, The 1st jam me and Nicolay wrote and produced together on some Jam and Lewis steez.
07. Total Science – Wasting Time [Kaidi Tatham Remix] (featuring Darien Brockington & Phonte)
– Recorded Date: 2004, 1st song I ever wrote for Darien. Kaidi Tatham remixed it on some ’80’s Tabu records shit.
08. Phonte – From The Top (f. Daily Planet) (prod. Fatin)
– Recorded Date: 2004, Unreleased jam with my man Daily Planet (hold ya head, bruh).
09. DJ Spinna – Dillagence (f. Phonte)
– Recorded Date: 2007, Celebrating the life and legacy of J Dilla.
10. Denaun Porter – Beautiful Thang (f. Phonte)
– Recorded Date: 2007, Me and Mr. Porter submitted this to Nas for his Untitled album. He passed on it.
11. Slum Village – So Much Better [Original Rough Demo Mix] (f. Phonte)
– Recorded Date: 2009, My hook reference vocals for what later became Slum Village’s “Faster”.
12. Phonte – RZA Is The World
– Recorded Date: 2010, My impersonation of RZA doin’ We Are The World for the Haiti earthquake victims.